Tomorrow I have Soc and French again and then INTRO SEM. The only bad part about my intro sem is that it is nearly two hours long, and I'm one hundred percent positive my attention span expires in about 45 minutes. But yes, I'm currently signed up for like 21 credits and I need to drop something like nobody's business. French is making a very good case for itself, but I see myself getting really off track with French if I don't just bite the bullet and keep taking it. So. Sigh.
Best part of today was I went to Palo Alto with a couple of girls (Jackie, Noura, and Jessica) and we got dinner at a Thai place -- which was perfect because I had a mini panic attack last night about not knowing when I'd have Thai food next. And we got dessert at Haagen Daaz and talked about our classes and our families and our aspirations. So that was cute. Looks like pneumonia hasn't cheated me out of friends after all.
Tomorrow I'm auditioning for the Shakespeare Company (with Phebe). Oh, I had a revelation about Phebe. I think it's a good piece for me because I'm never satisfied with how I do it and therefore it's never stagnant to me -- like, there's always something for me to tweak with it. And I'm starting to see that as a good thing rather than a frustrating thing. And then I AM auditioning for Gaieties on Wednesday. But, I need a song and a joke. Jokes? Anyone?
2 comments:
Jokes... Hmmm... There's always the old chestnut of "well, that was just the demo."
Or, how do you get a one-armed monkey down from a tree?
Here's another from online, which I find rather amusing:
"One sunny day in 2009, an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with President George W. Bush."
The Marine replied, "Sir, Mr. Bush is no longer President and doesn't reside here." The old man said, "Okay," and walked away.
The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President George W. Bush".
The Marine again told the man, "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Bush is no longer President and doesn't reside here." The man thanked him and again walked away . . .
The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same Marine, saying "I would like to go in and meet with President George W. Bush."
The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Bush. I've told you already several times that Mr. Bush is not the President anymore and doesn't reside here. Don't you understand?"
The old man answered, "Oh, I understand you fine, I just love hearing your answer!" The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, "See you tomorrow"
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY phebe!!!
and okay, so i think that one of the guys running gaeities is an old saas buddy of mine. If you're auditioning and there's this extremely tall, skinny boy with light brown hair, glasses, and a goofy smile, whose name is Stefan Vraspir, tell him you know me and that I said to say hi.
Good luck!
Post a Comment