So, classes! It could go a couple of ways at this point, and I'm going to shop some classes before deciding to take them for sure. But I'm perhaps taking:
1. Technological Visions of Utopia (my IHUM)... which involves books like 1984 and Brave New World (4 credits)
2. A Sociology class that an RA recommended. This is the one I'm gonna shop and make sure looks good. (5 credits)
3. French, first year, third quarter. Yay me for not placing lower! Stunning. (5 credits)
4. MAYBE this intro sem if I get in. Which I should find out... Sunday? That's called Dramatic Tensions and is taught by Amy Freed, author of Restoration Comedy. (3-4 credits)
5. A class called Election 08. It meets 5 times before the election and is taught by someone from the African American Studies Dept. I wonder who they're voting for... :) (1-3 credits)
So I won't take ALL of that, because that would get me to 19 credits (max allowable without an appeal is 20). If I get into the intro sem, I'll drop French. If Sociology is boring and I get into the intro sem, I'll drop Soc. If I don't get into the intro sem AND sociology is boring.... that'd be a problem.
Also, I saw a really cool band at the CoHo last night. Highlight of the week.
1 comment:
So, what's this mystery Sociology class? Was Lauren the one who recommended it?
I don't understand the range in credits (don't they still call them units?). What does it mean to be 3-4 or 1-3 credits? 1-3 in particular is a big big range.
Karinna loved videochatting with you this morning!
Post a Comment