NEWS:
The good: I got a callback for Shakespeare for tonight! Hurray! I have to prepare a monologue they gave me (Juliet) as well as two scenes (Lady Grey from Henry IV and Dromio of Ephesus from Comedy of Errors) for this evening. I really want to be part of this group, they're very cool.
The bad: I blew my Gaieties audition. I've never actually felt like I've straight up blown an audition before, but this was it. My voice cracked and wobbled in the middle of my song (an after effect of being sick?) and then I was distracted for the rest of the song and didn't do all the cute things I meant to do and went flat because my attention was split and it was just bad. Not to mention the dance we had to do to "Drive Me Crazy" by Britney Spears...
The ugly: My french prof.
Love you all! More later.
2 comments:
What song did you sing? Maybe it went better than you thought. Are there callbacks posted yet? Either way, chalk it up to a learning experience.
Great news about the Shakespeare audition. That's really exciting! What play(s) are they doing? Their web site has not yet been updated for 2008-9.
So, why is your French professor (TA or professor?) "ugly"? First-year language courses are often taught by grad students with little insight into teaching. I had some really awful ones as an undergrad, and I remember it was very discouraging.
Write about the intro sem!
Love, Dad
Oof, singing auditions. They terrify me. I sang a song from 12th Night that I know well for my audition yesterday, & the music director said for callbacks he wants, essentially, to hear something I can belt.
...I don't think I'm belty singer?
Nevertheless I have been singing "Good Morning Baltimore" pretty much all day that I'm not in class, & I am still afraid.
And so my point basically is that you rock for doing that however badly you bombed, & don't let it affect the next thing you do.
I LOVE YOU & I MISS YOU.
-kenna
Post a Comment