Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Anneka chooses classes

Wait guys. I'm actually supposed to be going to classes on Monday but as of right now I know of one that I'm actually taking (The Technological Utopia. We're going to be reading like 1984 and Brave New World, etc). And then French, potentially... I'm becoming more and more concerned that I really will be placed in French 1 because one of the RAs took Spanish for 6 years in high school and got placed into first year third quarter. So, whatever. Apparently language here moves really fast. Sigh.

I also am so so so set on this Intro Sem taught by Amy Freed (author of The Beard of Avon and Restoration Comedy, both of which I saw at Seattle Rep) called Theater and the Marketplace. So I'm gonna try to pull out all the stops to get into that one. 

And then maybe I'll take Sleep and Dreams, or something, and try to take care of my science requirement.

HOW OVERWHELMING.

I'm feeling better, though, the cough seems to be ebbing. I'm still getting waves of nausea and dizzyness and my whole body kind of hurts. AND, my butt's sore from riding my bike. Not cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it'll be interesting to hear how the French placement goes. I'm sure you're getting good advice from folks there. I looked up your advisor, Mary Dakin, who looks like a great match for you on the IR front. Maybe she'll talk you into taking Russian! :)

Glad to hear the cough is doing better, too. Sorry about the sore butt -- it's probably more bike riding than you've done in quite a while, eh?

How did the three books discussion go?

Love, Dad

Caity said...

Geez I just typed a big long thing and lost it. I'll try again tonight. >:--{ Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Reading about your exciting collegeness makes me jealous. I've still got a week til I start classes.

As for the language placement thing, the same thing happened to me. I've taken 5 years and gotten a 5 on the exam and the highest class they would put me in is 104, which is a first year third quarter class entitled "review of elementary spanish". It's strange.

Anyways I just wanted to say I miss you and that it's nice to hear updates from people so I sorta know what to expect.
Can't wait til we all come home for break and can dish funny stories.

How's the sun in Cali?

Kelsey