Friday, October 17, 2008

Anneka sleeps nine and a half hours but still wants a mid-day nap

My tummy hurts because one of the 3rd floor RAs (Lauren) took five of us on a bubble tea run in Mountain View. And I drank ALL OF MINE. Yum.

It's weird, I've been getting enough sleep here, no question: I crash at around 12:30 and sleep until 10 -- my first class isn't ever til 11. Even so, I'm feeling completely exhausted and lethargic all the time. I'm guzzling Emergen-C (raspberry flavor, yum) and staying hydrated and drinking tea and taking Advil (yucky sinus headache that wouldn't go away), but I'm either getting sick or something else is up. It scares me that mono is going around.

I'm pleased it's the weekend, and that I don't have a paper due Monday. I do have my second French test Tuesday, and I'm gonna work really hard to get ready for that after my C+ on the last one. Oy. 

Other than that, not much to report. I'm tired. Really really tired. And I shouldn't be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news, bad news, eh? You're getting lots of sleep but still feeling tired. Probably some of it is the stress of all the transitions you've been thrown into. I do hope you're not getting mono, that's for sure. Keep taking care of yourself. Exercise? It's paradoxical, but if you're feeling chronically exhausted, exercise can help turn that around. Just an idea.

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

hey girrrrrrl...
i was tired ALL first semester. i took naps ALL last year. no shame in napping, no shame at ALL :) it was definitely my way of dealing with the transition.
love youuuuu