Also of note: I am being Cookie Monster for Halloween. One time I was talking to a boy and he was like, "What are you being for Halloween? Is it sexy or clever?" To which I sorrowfully responded, "Neither." BUT I bought two Cookie Monster headbands (they came in packs of two) and a blue skirt and tanktop from American Apparel. Quite possibly I will be able to convince Robbie to use the other headband and be Cookie Monster as well. If I put fake eyelashes and a bow on mine, then we can be Boy Cookie and Girl Cookie and we can be a Cookie Couple. Oh. Oh goodness.
Also I got a B+ on my IHUM paper which I really think is rather good. I dunno if anyone got an A. Yayyyy me?
Mmm my roommate and three other girls who I hang out with are being Wizard of Oz for Halloween and didn't ask me to be a part of it, even though we'd all talked about being something together (Aristocats and Disney princesses were ideas). Sad. I guess these things come and go?
We had our first rehearsal for Bloodsong, my winter one act! Goodness, what a chilling script. Beautiful, beautiful poetry -- and it's all about war and anarchy and terrorism and women and it gave me chills. A lot of chills.
Only three weeks and two days til I fly home! Also I realized I will be home for Best of Fest. Woooo.
1 comment:
Sorry about the Halloween mixup with your roommate and friends... I like the idea about the Cookie Monster, a lot, although I do find it puzzling and amusing that Cookie Monster headbands would come in packs of two, other than at Costco perhaps. Interestingly, I can't remember a single Halloween (party, dressing up, trick-or-treating, anything) in college -- I don't think it was a big deal Way Back Then.
You should consider biking to places like The Dish (there are paved paths winding up through the hills). Or out to the Red Barn. Something to explore those 8,000 acres. Palo Alto has its limits.
I forgot to ask, what is your role in Bloodsong? What are the other cast members like? Will the performance(s) perchance be videotaped, since I won't be able to be there?
Love, Dad
Post a Comment