1. I don't have mono. I apparently need to exercise if I want to be not-tired anymore.
2. I got an A on my French test, a 19/20 on my first essay, and the oral exam went well (grade pending) -- so apparently if I decide to do well at French, I'm able to. Interesting discovery: if I don't study for a test and don't really sleep the night before, I get a C. If I study and rest and eat breakfast, I get an A. Curiouser and curiouser...
3. I got cast in the Original Winter One Acts! I got rolled out of bed at 7:45 this morning by twenty people banging on my door and yelling. Luckily I had slept next to my glasses and was able to throw on a sweatshirt and tumble out the door. They took us to a picnic table in the middle of Wilbur Field and fed us doughnuts. I'm cast in a play called Bloodsong, directed by my favorite RA (Cassie), which is written like an epic poem in this beautiful lyric verse that I'm actually kind of in love with. Student written. My oh my.
So, yes, happy day. Robbie flies down to visit again this Thursday, just in time for Halloween and the Mausoleum Party (oooh) and the Stanford-WSU game (we're gonna win, no question. WSU is terrible). And Thanksgiving is in four weeks! Yay!
1 comment:
Really great to see things going so well for you. That scene of the picnic table in the middle of Wilbur Field, laden with doughnuts, is oddly incongruous, though. Can't wait to hear more about the play and how that goes -- your first foray into drama at the college level.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment