I'm writing my first big paper, on More's Utopia. It's awful and I hate it.
Last night I took my Residence Fellow's doggie for a 30 minute walk all around campus -- I had played with Charlotte a little bit earlier and fallen completely in love with her. I didn't know how much I like, needed dogs until I left, but it was wonderful to be able to walk her around. We got to the big fountain outside Mem Aud and I let her hop up on the ledge and then I ran her in a circle around the fountain's edge. It was mucho fun.
My random find of the peer health counseling class at Vaden has been serendipitous. I've only been to one class, but it sets me on a track to be a peer counselor even next quarter. The TAs who run it are upperclassmen, very energetic and fun. The advisor (professor? I guess. He's not really teaching the class) came in and did a workshop with us on cultural stereotypes and paradigms. Eventually, this sets me on a track to be a PHE (pron. "fee" and stands for Peer Health Educator). They're similar to RAs in that they live in freshman dorms and are cool. Maybe this is my silver lining for not getting into StanShakes? I was so desperate for an extracurricular that I was like PLEASE let's do this, and it looks great.
I have to figure out whether or not to drop my election class by Sunday. It's boring. But it's the election, so I feel like I have some responsibility to be an active receiver of all the interesting social buzz. Meh. I dunno.
2 comments:
Great post -- lots of news on a number of fronts, which was great. Did you decide to drop that election class? It sounded to me that maybe you had already decided, actually :)
Green Library is great -- wish I could see that room you described. I like the "basketball hoop" fountain outside it, too.
Peer counseling will be a great match for you -- I'm excited that you found it.
Home again and already getting pinged (on Facebook, of all places) by people I missed seeing this weekend. Maybe I can come down for "Parents Weekend" in February; we'll see.
House inspection for us tomorrow! Keep your fingers crossed that our buyer doesn't get cold feet.
Love,
Dad
Hi sweetie! I just sent you a long email but thought I'd follow up with a little blog comment. I just LOVE your blog entries; you are such an evocative writer -- very visual. Funny connection -- did you know someone named Beth Asp? One of the neurosurgery nurses, Jennifer, turns out to be a RHS parent. Her younger daughter, Sarah Asp, apparently is in Wm's AP US with Karen Grace, and Jennifer thinks she may have dropped off Beth at our house at some point. Anyway, it's fun when things connect out of the blue like that. Anyway, tons o' hugs as always and always. Can't wait to see you in 5 weeks! Endless love, your mommy
Post a Comment