Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Anneka finds time to update her blog


Election day election election election election. People are very very tense on campus. There are actually quite a few secret McCain supporters around, making for some heated lunchtime discussions. Yikessss.

It's been rainy the last few days. I stuffed a washcloth in my bag on the way out the door to wipe off my bike seat, only to discover that my seat is in fact porous: no way to avoid a wet tush. At least I'm lucky that I have fenders, so I don't get that "freshman stripe" up my back. The rain here is thicker than Seattle rain, but it still makes me feel cozy and a little homesick.

Robbie's visit was wonderful, of course, see above picture of our not-lame Halloween costume. I was even able to sneak him into the school-sponsored dance.

I bombed my French test yesterday. That was upsetting. I studied, too. We'll see.


1 comment:

Peter Kretzman said...

I'm not much of a bike expert, but I imagine that having a porous seat is actually better for longer rides -- letting it "breathe". But then there's the rain issue... Somehow I don't remember how I handled this. I think my seat was not porous, perhaps. But I didn't have fenders either.

I don't mind the notion (much) of there being McCain supporters -- it's bound to happen. In fact, probably a fairly large percentage of Stanford students turn out to be Republicans by the time they reach middle age, given the demographics. But it's the notion of Palin supporters/defenders (at Stanford or anywhere else) that makes me stutter in disbelief and dismay. This was a woman who couldn't name a single newspaper she reads! Or who thinks that living in a state next to Russia somehow qualifies her as experienced in foreign policy.

I assume you mailed your ballot? As they say, vote early, vote often.

Love, Dad