Monday, January 19, 2009

Anneka was in a play





So the show went very very well, as you can see - it was beautiful, thanks to Cassie's (our director) background in tech. Of the three original shows that went up, ours was the best received -- especially by a guy from some festival who came out to give us feedback and potentially nominate us to perform in Reno? That's still coming down the pipe. Flashbacks to Roosevelt Drama, though.

Scariest moment of my life: all six of us in the show enter from different places in the theater (behind the audience, doors near the stage, etc). As I was trying to get to my entrance, I got LOCKED OUT OF THE THEATER. I swear, my life flashed before my eyes. I ran outside, barefoot, banged on several sets of doors to no avail. I had to run all the way to the front of the theater where the producer was just locking the front set of doors. It was terrifying.

The weekend was very good, too. Lots of good people. Most of the dorm was gone on ski trip up at Tahoe, so I hung out with the few people left here: including an epic grocery run to Long's with Danielle! I have soooo many frozen things in my teeny freezer compartment. I think Shawnee's gonna be hard pressed to find space. But I'll worry about that when she pays me back. Hmm.

P.S. It's a lot more satisfying to write a blog when more than two people comment on an entry...

5 comments:

Kenna M. Kettrick said...

haha, i'll bite...

i'm glad you write this! even if no one comments. i like to hear about your life. also, i miss you. <3

Anonymous said...

yayyy pretty pics!
i love you and check this regularly to hear about your life :)

Anonymous said...

Darling Wonder Woman! SO GLAD the show went well -- kind of glad it's behind you for the moment due to high intensity emotional content! LOVED the panic about getting locked out -- makes a great story later, right?? Reminds me of your Nordstrom story -- perhaps this is becoming a life theme? I see a future short story or one act. LOVED LOVED LOVED the photos -- you look gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, in a terrified-I'm-going-to-die-tomorrow way. Reno, eh? Well, we'll see, right?? REALLY extraordinarily proud of you. Huge hugs,and continuing cheers about your little fridge! Twill be interesting to see if Shawnee indeed sticks to her agreement, ah, hm. LOVE, MOM

Anonymous said...

Really fine selection of photos. I'm glad that your first show at Stanford was a good experience. (That wasn't a given, seeing that there are so many variables. There coulda been a Mr. Escalade or a Mr. Cook in the cast, after all... Oh, wait, it was all women. :) )

Did you have a cast party? I also liked seeing the immense variety in the cast -- lots of different types of faces/personalities at play, so it seems....

Aida? Can't remember if you said you decided for or against auditioning for that...

Love, Dad

KelseyAnneNYC said...

Your show looks so cool. Only wish I could've seen it.
What was it about??

In response to your dad's comment about AIDA, you should audition. That show is stellar.

Anywho, yay blog buddies! hahaha.