Stressful being:
- Pre-tech week for Bloodsong. Nightly three-hour rehearsals, mainly focused on developing and performing emotions that would occur ten minutes before execution. Not pleasant stuff. I'm exhausted. And the weekend will only be worse: four hours on Saturday night, five on Sunday. And then the whole next week we have tech from 7-11 nightly. SHOOT ME.
- Buying $214 of text books. For ONE CLASS.
- My door is locked because I'm suspicious the birthday mafia is trying to throw everyone who had birthdays over break in the shower and I'm soooooo not in the mood.
- 9am classes. Ergh.
Kind of fun being:
+ Shawnee and I finally ordered a fridge today! That is, I ordered it. Shawnee approved. And then I am going to go to the grocery store and buy milk and juice and popsicles and eggs (well, not eggs, but I wanted to refrigerate eggs I so could) and ice cream and cream cheese and frozen food. HURRAY not-dining-hall-fare.
+ I think I'm finally figuring out what my schedule is. Tentatively, I'm taking my IHUM, Art and Ideas (focused on the ways theater and dance communicate to wide audiences -- we spent 30 minutes today talking about the rhetoric of WALL-E), a great French conversation class (our prof is named Tanya and she's pregnant and wears heels), probably Comm 1B (Media, Culture, and Society), and Sleep and Dreams. Comm is cool because the professor was super energetic at 9am and played with shadow puppets for us as an example of "media" 140 years ago. Sleep and Dreams is cool because the subject matter is actually FASCINATING and there are really cute narcoleptic dogs that will visit us. Wish the class wasn't 600 people.
+ I'm making an effort to eat fruits and veggies with every meal, and I'm feeling good.
Anyway. Yes. That's been the last two days for me. I miss home, very very very much.
2 comments:
Great update! Although it does make me picture a refrigerator the size of Montana. :)
The remark about the birthday mafia made me laugh. Hope you get away unscathed, even avoiding the giant-sombrero-at-the-Mexican-restaurant meme that is often used by said birthday enthusiasts.
Schedule sounds great!
Love, Dad
So glad you are back in your blogging state of mind! I just love reading everything you write! I check your blog every day during my lunch time – it just makes my day when I see your words on that screen! What a boon it will be to have a fridge -- mmmm, chilled juice! On a different note, that play your in sounds unbelieveably emotionally grueling. You might be glad when that intensity is a thing of the past. PROUD OF YOU for upping your ## of fruit and vegs. And I love how your schedule has shaped up. And I love YOU! Mom
Post a Comment