The fridge is necessary because I'm getting more and more frustrated with my eating habits facilitated by the dining hall. It is so so terribly difficult to find healthy things that taste good here. What's worse, snacking is impossible because the dining hall closes all the time. I eat two meals a day (I'm not up in time for breakfast). Since I usually eat dinner at 5:30, I'm generally hungry again by 10. Solution? Delicious chicken strips from Late Night. Deep fried. Salty. $6.50. Chicken strips. Garnished with waffle fries.
NOT GOOD NOT GOOD NOT GOOD.
So, what? Huge amounts of salad and flabby tofu twice a day in an attempt to fill me up all afternoon and all night? Moratorium on cookies and soft serve ice cream? Throw away my remaining packets of Easy Mac? I don't know what to do. I LONG for pea soup and sausage, spaghetti and meatballs, clam chowder at Duke's.
Although, when I do come home, my only concrete plans involve eating, and not necessarily healthily (Red Robin, Rosita's, Pagliacci, Red Mango, Noah's Bagels to name a few).
And I am really truly needing to come home all of a sudden. Counting the days (13).
3 comments:
my advice is eat dinner later. if you eat an hour later you won;t be so hungrey. the refrigerater is a good idea because you can have healthy snacks like fruit. Buy a micorwave and you can have stuff like lean cuisenes. Love you!!!!!!!
Oh god. I groan to think of how much I'll rely on pizza delivery when I'm in college.
NOT GOOD NOT GOOD NOT GOOD.
Don't forget EXERCISE in your list of possible helpful alternatives... Run to the dish! Best if you do this with a friend, of course.
I can't imagine the ready access to food these days. The late night alternative probably isn't great for healthy eating, as you point out. Karinna had some great advice, above!
Everyone here is also looking forward to your Thanksgiving trip home.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment