Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Anneka is cranky

I could not be more excited to go home. In 8 days I'll be home. But here's the thing, it's not like I'm coming home from camp or vacation. It's not permanent. I'll be home for a week and then for Christmas and then oops this is still my life. How odd. I think I'll find it very hard to leave on January 5th, knowing I won't be back until like March.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO EAT. Dinner's so crappy I don't even eat it so I'm absolutely famished right now and my choices are, legit, Easy Mac or chicken strips. And I have a headache. And house meeting was really obnoxious. And all my groups for my group projects are super annoying and messed up (overachievers in one, underachievers in another) and I have to finish them all by like TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK and dshjfkalhfjkdalshdfjklshdfjklashfjkdlsahfjklahsdf.

I want to go home and eat good food until I'm full.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no... This post makes me so sad. I wish I could help.

My strongest advice, for what it's worth, is to take up some regular exercise program. That will help with appetite suppression, actually.

We'll talk more about all this when you're back here, in just a week from today!

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

This is MOMMY not WILL -- somehow his electrons are on my machine... Anyway -- Please oh please do not worry too very much about all the boulders and potholes that are slugging you right now, from food to misaligned people. Things really will settle in, I promise, and as I said on the phone today, January 2009 is a new beginning in the Freshman year -- things are not quite so painfully fluorescent and vaccuum-packed new. You are likely to find kindred spirits in new classes, and peer counseling, and the plays and other stuff you get involved with. Don't know if this helps at ALL, but when I was in the PEPS group so long ago when you were 3 weeks old, I totally hated my group and was grumpy and upset every time I came home. I never figured out why -- except that for me anyway, new people (especially in groups) are stressful, and I seem only to notice the annoying things and perturb me or make me anxious. Well, funny thing, out of that uncomfortable group grew my enduring friendship with Roz and her whole family. It didn't happen immediately, and it really didn't even take off until the 6-month group was over. The point being is that friendships and camaraderie and certainly soul sisters take longer to develop than one would think. I think it takes longer the older a person gets -- in kindergarten it's just a shared cookie and then best friends forever. Anyway, love, it will all come out in the cosmic wash as it is meant to, and things will settle in sooner and in more ways that you now think possible. Oh by the way, I adore you, in case that has slipped your mind :--) Love, your doting mother MOMMY.