After class, I'm going (more or less) straight to an interview for volunteer opportunities at the Center for Relationship Abuse, an organization one of my RAs is involved in. Once again, I'm sort of waiting for extracurriculars to come along and smack me in the face, but I'm tired of it. Drama here has been so frustrating: I got an audition notice this morning in my email and I got all excited and then noticed that all roles (except for the two-line prison guard) were male. Nice. It's been weird going from high school -- where I was always deep into shows and extracurricular stuff -- to here, where I go to class. And do my homework. And stuff.
I'm feeling anxious about summer plans. I need to find a job: earn money, hopefully find something that looks good on a resume, stay in Seattle, work decent hours (unlike Starbucks). What! I don't know how to look, or start looking, and I'm already feeling like I'm running out of time. I have to interview for this stuff over Spring Break, or something, because if Stanford doesn't get out until June 10th I can't very well start interviewing then. AGHHH. Stress.
5 comments:
Don't stress about finding a job! I mean, stress is inevitable, but don't worry *too* much about it :) Start asking around, see if anybody knows of anything. Start checking CraigsList. Start e-mailing or calling places you might be interested in working. Name drop Stanford - I bet that will help! :)
Any way you could tap into the UW's sources, perhaps through Ginny or Aidan? There must be a network of possible summer job opportunities out there.
Is the drama thing seasonal to some degree? I mean, will there perhaps be more shows during Spring Quarter?
It'll all work out...
Dear my-long-lost-love Anneka,
I miss you!
So I totally understand what you're going through with the whole "not doing drama" thing. I have yet to do a single piece of theatre here and I am going stir-crazy. Hang in there for winter quarter and I can't wait til spring break when (hopefully/maybe) I can see you.
Kelsey
hey love--
i would recommend thinkintern.org (.com? .net?)...one of those...
i used it a little bit last year when searching for internships and remember it had some cool stuff! also, i don't know how stanford is structured, but a lot of people at tufts use Career Services as the absolute best way to find internships :)
loveeee
Ah, love you so much, Anni, and feel your frustration. As Dad said, maybe Spring will have more drama juice. Really exciting to hear today that you were accepted as a relationship counselor -- that's phenomenal. Well done! And I'm so proud of your for all the feelers you sent out this moring -- yay! You just never know when and how something will pop up that fits your needs. The blanket approach works WELL. Love you dearly, your Mommy
Post a Comment